- Bursting with acidity that will dance on your palate
- Citrus-driven with notes of lemon zest, grape fruit, and summer melon
- Hint of flint and floral aromatics
- Unoaked, very fresh and very clean
The Winery: FEL
FEL is a part of the Lede Family Wines portfolio, a sister winery to Cliff Lede in Napa Valley. Named for Cliff’s mom, Florence Elsie Lede, a home winemaker who instilled her son with his passion for wine. Thanks, Florence! FEL produces Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pino Gris from the Anderson Valley and Sonoma Coast.
The Region: Anderson Valley
Located about 100 miles north of San Francisco, just a few miles from the Pacific Ocean. Anderson Valley has a temperate, cool coastal climate and is classified as a region 1 growing area—the coolest climate in which grapes can be successfully grown for commercial production. Warm sunny days and cool foggy nights allow for grapes to ripen slowly while preserving their acidity and varietal characteristics. The main varieties planted in this region include Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, and Riesling. For more information on Anderson Valley, check out the region’s winegrowers association website.
- Scallop or white fish ceviche
- Lobster risotto or lobster mac and cheese
- Thai green curry
- Cheesy spinach artichoke dip
- Chicken piccata
- Friends & fun